Braces are universal tools in the field of orthodontics. They are used for correcting malpositioned and misaligned teeth and jaws. While metallic braces are a trusted option in aligning crooked teeth, their inconvenience of use and unappealing aspect makes them unpopular.
The Invisalign clear aligners come as a blessing in disguise, literally. These are custom-made, transparent braces, empowering you to get your teeth aligned inconspicuously.
The tension and compression forces are continuously occurring in your mouth, owing to regular activities like chewing and speaking. Over a while, they may cause changes in your teeth’s alignment.
Invisalign teeth straightening uses this very mechanism to reposition your teeth in the appropriate place. Instead of using wires and brackets, Invisalign clear braces employ a set of plastic moulds called ‘trays’ to realign your teeth in the desired position.
- Consultation – Our expert team of dentists guides you through the process and helps you make an informed decision.
- Imaging tests – Once the go-ahead is received, you will be sent for 3-D digital scans and dental x-rays.
- Preparation – The concerned teeth impressions are taken, based on which the customised Invisalign moulds/trays are prepared.
- Fitting – You are made to try on the invisible teeth aligners to check for the fit. They should feel tight enough but not uncomfortable. It is advised to wear them for 20-22 hours a day.
- Changing the braces – As per the dentist’s recommendation and the extent of alignment, the braces are changed every one or two weeks.
- Cleaning advice – Scrub the aligner trays with a toothbrush every day. Remove them while having your meals and brushing your teeth. Keep them clean to avoid bacterial build-up.
The following oral issues are resolved by using the Invisalign teeth straightening technique:
- Teeth misalignment, in the form of overbite (upper front teeth protrude past the lower front teeth), under-bite (lower front teeth protrude past the upper front teeth), or cross-bite (upper and lower jaws don’t align properly).
- Spaces in between teeth (gap teeth).
- Open bite when teeth of the upper and lower jaws do not meet.
- Crowded and overlapping teeth.
Created using medical-grade plastic (polyurethane resins), Invisalign clear braces are BPA-free. FDA approves them for safe and long-term use.
Invisalign clear aligners are the best invisible braces for adults and teenagers. They outweigh the benefits of metallic braces in the following ways:
- Simple to use – These invisible teeth aligners can be removed conveniently while eating or brushing. Hence, you can maintain oral hygiene effectively.
- No restrictions on food or drink – You may eat all kinds of food without worrying about particles getting caught in wires and brackets. Just remember to remove the trays beforehand.
- Visually appealing – The invisible teeth aligners do their job without being obvious. This builds self-confidence and allows you to do your regular activities without feeling conscious about wearing braces.
- Maintenance-friendly and comfortable – The Invisalign clear braces are easy to clean and help to avoid bacterial plaque. They are super comfortable as they do not cause internal scraping.
- Shorter appointments – Invisalign teeth straightening entails fewer dental visits. This is convenient for most of us who have a busy schedule.
Complex dental issues like severe over-bites/under-bites rotated teeth and significant gaps are difficult to fix using Invisalign clear braces. The invisible teeth aligners are effective only when worn for 20-22 hours daily. They are a costlier option as compared to regular metallic braces.
At Dental Renaissance, our team weighs all the pros and cons and helps decide whether this treatment is suitable for you.
Even though the price of Invisalign clear braces is slightly higher than that of metallic braces, the advantages, in the long run. The treatment time for effects to show is just one year. Invisalign clear aligners have the upper hand over traditional braces in terms of aesthetic appeal, time, and overall convenience.
At Dental Renaissance, we have curated the best team of dentists in Plano, Texas, who will help you achieve that perfect smile. They possess the necessary certification and proficiency to carry out the Invisalign teeth straightening treatment.