Composite Dental Fillings
Dr. Kari Blankenship and our team offer composite dental fillings in Plano, Texas, to restore the health and appearance of your tooth. To plan your visit with our dentist, call Dental Renaissance at 972-752-2855 today.
If you have a cavity that is not easy to see and is not causing you any discomfort, you may be tempted to put off a visit with the dentist and team at Dental Renaissance. As time goes on, however, that area of decay can become painful, and you may end up requiring a root canal or even an extraction.
Traditionally, dental fillings have been made of silver amalgam. However, our dental office uses only composite, or tooth-colored, filling material. Our dentist and team have chosen to use composite filling materials in order to provide you with a more natural-looking result and to promote better long-term oral health.
There are many benefits to composite fillings, including:
- Material that bonds to your tooth to provide more support for the tooth’s structural integrity
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages
- Better seals around the edges of the damaged area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings to repair
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- No mercury or other metals are used, making the filling safer
When you receive a composite dental filling, our dentist will carefully select a filling that matches your natural tooth color to give you a more beautiful and healthier-looking smile. Fillings can usually be placed in a single appointment.
For more information about composite dental fillings and to make an appointment with our dentist, contact our office today.